WIERD WILD WEST
All feats (PHB 165) are open to you but a few are especially good for the old west (highlighted below). A few more need just a bit of modification. Keep in mind, all characters get a feat at 4th level if they want one (replacing the standard ability score increase) plus humans have the option to get a feat at character creation (see sidebar lower right on P31 of the Players Hand Book).
Feats that are perfect for a Wild West game as a Sword and Sorcery one:
SHARPSHOOTER, QUICK DRAW (aka ALERT) BUSHWACKER (aka SKULKER), SALOON BRAWLER (aka TAVERN BRAWLER), LUCKY, (aka GAMBLER), TOUGH (aka TOUGH)
Also excellent for a the setting:
HEALER, ACTOR, LINGUIST, SAVAGE ATTACKER
Prerequisite: Proficiency with Revolvers
– Fast loader. You can load 6 shots/action or bonus action
– Fast trigger. By using a gun two handed you can "fan the hammer" firing 3 shots per action at the same target at close range (15 feet). You must stand still to do this (loose your dexterity modifier for AC for that round).
– Up close n' personal like. You do not suffer disadvantage for being within 5 feet of a hostile creature.
Cavalry (formerly MOUNTED COMBATANT)
You are known throughout the land for your skill in the saddle. While mounted and aren't incapacitated, you gain the following benefits.
– At full gallop. You do not suffer disadvantage for making a ranged attack from horseback (at any speed)
– Harmony with his mount. You can control your mount even while otherwise engaged (firing a spell or a pistol for instance) as long as the terrain is not difficult and it does not suffer damage.
– Combat cavalry. You can force an attack targeted at your mount to target you instead (or vice versa)
Return to HOUSE RULES (OTHER)